Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day One

I woke up at 7 this morning to go to the gym. I decided that a spinning class was a good way to start the day. I put on some sweat pants and made myself some breakfast. Never exercise on an empty stomach. I didn't want to feel too full though. So, I made myself a tasty light banana smoothie for breakfast. Let me tell you that I feel great now after a great workout.

However, I didn't feel great at the time I was working out. I only did a 45-min spinning class because that is all I could handle after months of not exercising. Half-way throught the class I felt like one of my lungs was about to come out of my chest. A word of advise for all of you out there who are also trying to lose weight: take it easy on your first day at the gym. I tried my best to keep up with the class, but it was hard. I beleive, though, that making it through those 45 minutes was a great accomplishment, don't you think?

Another thing that made my morning workout quite interesting was the crowd at the gym. It was around 7:30 AM and the gym was packed. I was in line waiting for my spinning pass (yes, you need to get a little plastic card to reserve your bike at the gym I go to) and the lady right behind me was telling how she much rather wake up when it is still dark so that she can go to the gym and still make it to work on time than dealing with the unbelievable crowds in the evening. I have to agree with her. Evening crowds are even worse than morning crowds - let alone that evening crowds are usually larger. Anyway, is anyone else dealing with large crowds at the gym? Any good stories?

By the way, here's the recipe for my breakfast banana smoothie:

Banana Smoothie
1 large banana
1 cup of skim milk
A pinch of cinnamon
1 splenda

Put it all in the blender until it gets a bit foamy and enjoy.

This smoothie has 211 calories, 1g fat, 5mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 875mg potassium, 45g carbohydrates, 4g fibre, 10g protein, 12% of the daily (DV) of vitamin A, 33% DV calcium, 20% DV vitamin C

If you have any breakfast ideas, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog