Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting Organized

I figured that if I am to succeed, I probably need a plan. So, I've come up with THE LIST. Yes, I am making a short list of what I need for this weight loss journey. Here it is:

1. Gym membership
2. Plastic containers
3. Gym clothes
4. Healthy food
5. Measuring tape

For the gym memebership, I had a bit of a discussion with a very good friend of mine. She loves to be outdoors so she mentioned that I didn't necessarily need to go to the gym to get a good workout. I could also go for a jog in my neighbourhood or bike to school. Let me tell you, she made some valid points and it is true that you don't need a gym to exercise. However, I looked outside my window this morning and everything was white. When I stepped outside my appartment, there was snow up to my knee on the sidewalk. So, I decided that going to the gym is probably a better option for me. Maybe in the summer I'll go out for a jog.

You may be wondering about those plastic containers up there. Well, I am sick of dieting. Thus, I am not going on a diet at this moment. I will try to eat healthy and all but I won't go on a "formal" diet per se. However, my main goal is to completely eliminate junk food as far as changing my eating habits is concerned. At least for now. I'm staying away from the food courts and packing my own lunch. It will take some effort in the morning to wake up a bit earlier but I hope it will be well worth it in a few months when I step on that bathroom scale. And as we all know, healthy lunches need healthy ingredients so I will clean up my fridge and go grocery shopping. Hopefully, my fridge will be full of fruits and vegetables and other healthy items by the end of the day. Goodbye food courts and hello cooking pans and chopping boards.

Finally, gym clothes. I went through my closet and found lots of gym clothes. Sadly enough though, nothing fit! I think this was a good wake-up call. Anyway, I have to get myself some new gym clothes and a measuring tape. Believe it or not, I do not own a measuring tape. I thought it was probably a good idea to also use measurements as indicators of my weight loss instead of only relying on my bathroom scale. What do you think?

Well, tomorrow is day one then. Wish me luck and if you think something else should be up on THE LIST, leave a comment. Love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog